I did plan to do the supports like the book suggests, but time took over and after thinking that it will be a good two weeks until I have time to fully build the supports, it will be too late, the beans are already trying to escape! So I have used some of the bean poles from previous years that I normally put in the front garden, and stuck them in the ground at an angle resting against the fence.   I have put a vertical support across and I will tie the tops up together.

A quick fix and one that will give interesting problems on just how do I harvest those potatoes when they have beans growing over the top of them!   These potatoes come out sometime next month so we shall see.

In the meantime, I thined one square of spring onions and carrots.  The spring onions on all squares are having limited success with yet to see a full square come up.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: